help i feel ike im losing my mind

mt kids have unruley the past couple days and my hubby can only riduclule me and make feel like a horrible person for the stupidest reasons...i cook and clean and care for the kids i wash ALL the clothes i feel like a slave and dont get any respect and dont know how much longer i can take it..i want to go out with friends and have girl time tonight so i can cool off and get back to me but i know my husband will call me a worthless bi*** and bad mom for wantin to (that always his answer when i ask for his permission to go out) and the last time i had girls night was in april im tired of being treated like a slave and child. how do i get him to let me go out with out starting a big fight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I know how you feel I'm going threw the same crap right now, Good Luck!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You may not be able to. Some guys will not change their minds on things like that. I know its short and blunt, but either get used to the fighting, get used to not going out, or leave.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Well, fist of all, you shouldn't be asking his permission. You are an adult, not a child. If you want him to stop treating you like a child, stop acting like one.
    What time do your kids go to bed? I make it a point to go out after the kids are in bed, that way he can be pissed all he wants but he has no valid reason. I don't ask, I tell. "I'm gonna go ______ tonight. I'll be home by midnight." And thats that. Usually he gets pissy, but if he is fed and Kaylee is in bed he has no right to tell me I can't go.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I agree with CarolynBarnett he's ur husband not us daddy tekk him when u plan on going out like a day ahead of time and if he starts a fight tell him that ur not a kid and if he dosen't like it than ur sorry to piss him off but ur doing it any way then after u put hte kids to bed get dressed and go out don't do anything to give him a reason to fight like breaking ur budget or staying out to late tell him who ur going with and call once to check up on him.But other than that enjoi ur self and don't worri about it when u com home if he starts calling u a bad mom and things like that tell him ur tired and u don't want to here it then go to bed simple! don't get all worked up over it! do this once every week or two and eventully he'll stop bitching about it b/c he'll see it dosen't do any good!
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• maybe you should look up stories about how slaves were treated. I don't think for one minute that you are treated like a slave. Just bc you stay home and do traditional woman's work, that doesn't make you a slave. Many of us never got girl's night out. We accepted our place in the marriage. We never considered it slavery. That's just insulting to those who were sold, taken from their homes and families, tortured, beaten, starved, forced to work in the fields and all the other things associated with slavery. You should be ashamed of yourself. You should thank him for things he does for you. Then he might reward you with your much needed girls night out. Show him appreciation and he'll be more likely to give you what you want.
    Anonymous