Is is possible to be pregnant and have mentrusal cramps (like your period is about to start)?

Been trying to conceive for a while. We had sex during time fram of ovulation (approximately 12 days ago) I know its too earlier for a at home pregnancy test. My period is due to come this past Monday, but did not come. However, I have been having abdominal cramps/menstrual cramps. My concern or question is: is it possible to experience menstrual cramps and be pregnant? (Too earlier to take a pregnancy test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i was 2 weeks along when i found out. i also had cramps like that-the drs said it was the egg implanting. so good luck!!! :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• That's what happened to me, too. I thought I had my period coming on (a bad one). I was weepy and felt out of it also.
    We had been ttc for five years, so of course I just thought it was a bad period! It was my son. :)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• yes. I had lots of cramps during the beginning of my pregnancy... its from your uterus expanding. I would suggested buying one of those "5 day sooner" pregnancy tests, but get one with multiple tests in it. Take one for haha's now and then if you still don't get your period wait a couple of weeks and take another one. Good luck!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I thought I was going to have my period because I had the worst cramps I had ever had in my whole life!!!!! That was the same weekend my period was due. I took a test about 3 days after that when my period didnt come and it said I was. I am now 25 weeks pregnant. So, yes it is possible due to the cramps!!!!! Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• if your period is one day late you should be able to test. Cramps are normal, implantation spotting is also normal. good luck..
    clinamoon

Answer by clinamoon at 11:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If your period is late, go ahead and test. I had menstrual-like cramping for 3 months during my pregnancy.

Good luck.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009