Is is possible to be pregnant and have mentrusal cramps (like your period is about to start)?

Been trying to conceive for a while. We had sex during time fram of ovulation (approximately 12 days ago) I know its too earlier for a at home pregnancy test. My period is due to come this past Monday, but did not come. However, I have been having abdominal cramps/menstrual cramps. My concern or question is: is it possible to experience menstrual cramps and be pregnant? (Too earlier to take a pregnancy test?

dunston

Asked by dunston at 5:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its to early for an at home test but not a blood test. If the cramps are really bad go to the doctor wether ur preg or not. Trying or not. Is is possible u could be and the cramps are implant cramps but go to the doc either way.
    Anonymous

• Yep. With my dd it took me awhile to test. It kept feeling like my period was going to start because of camps. My period was really irregular so I wasn't sure if I was late or not. I finally figured I was late and took a test. Came back posititve. It's not to early to take a test if your late. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I had a positive home pregnancy test one and a half weeks after conception. I used clear blue easy.. they one that actually says pregnant/not pregnant. Its worth a try!
    Anonymous

• Lots of times you can go to the health dept and get a free pregnancy test. And yes, early in the first trimester there can be cramping-it always creeped me out b/c it made me feel like my period was going to start which made me question the safety of my little embryo, but it is normal. But the very first symptom I noticed was breast tenderness. Good luck!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 6:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes, cramping can be a sign of early pregnancy/implantation. However it can also be a sign of miscarriage, or a regular menstrual period. I wouldn't use cramping as a sure sign to detect any of those.
    Anonymous

• I had cramping when I got pregnant both times.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 7:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2009