Obama's Science Czar Holdren backed population control via forced abortions and sterilizations.

What are you thoughts and opinions on this choice. Keep in mind the czar's are accountable to no one but the president.

I am not listing a single source site. There were too many to choose from and the info below comes from more than 1. All is easily verifiable as it comes from a book Holdren actually co-authored.

From the 1977 Book "Ecoscience" which he co-authored with Paul and Ann Ehrlich at the University of California, Berkeley.

In 1977, many scientists were alarmed by predictions of harmful environmental effects of human population growth, Holdren teamed with Paul R. Ehrlich, author of "The Population Bomb," and his wife, Anne, to pen "Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment."

The book proposed multiple strategies to curb population growth and advocated an international police force to ensure the strategies were carried out.

cont.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 5:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He stated in 1973 that the expected population of 280 million by 2040 was way to many. He recommended "a continued decline in fertility to well below replacement levels should be encouraged, with the aim of achieving zero population growth before the year 2000.

Current US population is 304 million.

He wanted:

Forcibly and unknowingly sterilizing the entire population by adding infertility drugs to the nation's water and food supply.

Legalizing "compulsory abortions.

Babies who are born out of wedlock or to teenage mothers to be forcibly taken away from their mother by the government and put up for adoption. Another proposed measure would force single mothers to demonstrate to the government that they can care for the child, effectively introducing licensing to have children.

cont.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Permanently sterilizing people who the authorities deem have already had too many children or who have contributed to "general social deterioration".

Once the population theory failed to materialize he switched to the global climate change. In the 1980s he warned of human-caused ecological disasters resulting in the deaths of a billion people before 2020, and as recently as 2006, Holdren warned that sea levels could rise as much as 13 feet by the year 2010.

This is a scary scary man and think he only answers to Obama.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• All of the above info is readily available in his own book.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Tell me about it but this is what you will get from O supporters "well he probably doesn't think that way today" ...as if to say he must not after 30 or so years but they truelly do not know and willing to just let it go anyway.Or "well he does have a point or two" yes some actually agree with his veiws.Or "How is Obama responsible?" well gee idk HE appointed him ..neither here nor there what matters is this man seems to be a FREAK.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• There have been two posts on this recently but i'm glad to see it posted again.Seems ALOT are just ignoring/avoiding it.
    tnmomofive

• Sources? I don't like Obama but i don't believe anything without sources.
    Anonymous

• I am sure you can find one
    Anonymous

• I'm not A Obama supporter. But I will not judge person on something what he did/say 30 years ago. Then we need to start examining everybody's past views and things what they did.

Anonymous

• OP are you in need of drama? Why don't you read the old posts about the same subject. Other posters even posted links.
    Anonymous

• That's just great and it's difficult to believe my President would appoint such a person to ANYTHING!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....................................I need a link, even though I could look it up myself.

If you google it, though, you'll only find it on page 429, Google is ultra-liberal.
    Good luck!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2009