Do you donate you child outgown clothes?

Every year I go thru my sons closet and dontate his outgrown clothes to the school. Do you do this with your childs clothes?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 5:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I either give the clothes to a friend in need or I give it to a place like Goodwill.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes i give them to the woman and children shelter.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes but at his age it's more like every 3 months! I try to give them to people I know who are having baby boys but if not, salvation army it is.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Nope, I either give them to people I know that have children younger than her or I have a garage sale.
    After that if I still have left over clothes I donate them.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If they are still in good shape I do, otherwise they turn into rags for cleaning
    Anonymous

• Yep! I've donated bags and bags and bags of my daughter's stuff. Once she reaches the end of a size (3 months, 6 months, and then I'll do it again at 9 months) I go through her clothes and see what'll fit her and what doesn't. Luckily we've only had to buy one pack of onesies for her, everything else was given to us by family. I love the thought that another little girl somewhere is wearing my daughter's clothes. It makes me feel good.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• we save some of the really nice or sentimental ones to make a patch blanket later on, but most are given away. my daughter's usually go to my niece who is 18 months younger, and my son's right now are going to a family we know that is in need, their son is 6 months younger than ours.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have a list of 18 friends and family who I will give to them before I give to donation..if not to them I give to neighbors. If not then I give it to donation but I also save some of his clothes to make into a quilt of his life(his outfit when we brought him home from the hospital, first blankets, baseball...etc). I plan on doing this till he reach 30 or how ever long the God Lord wants me here. Yes, it will be huge but it will also be priceless.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 6:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• No, only because we're saving them incase we have another girl later on. If we have a boy next, then I'll donate the clothes.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I don't give them to the school, except for jackets, the school wouldn't know what to do. I give them to the local rescue mission or salvation army or the battered womens shelter.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2009