What birth control worked best for you? (Don't know where to put this!)

Didn't know where to put this!
We can't afford another baby currently (we have 1) and currently SO is deployed. He gets home soon (YAY!!!!!! It's been over a year!) and need to prevent anything from happening! He gets out of the Army in 16 months, and planning on not having health insurance... for a short while anyways. Can you still get b/c without insurance? Or would an IUD work and when we get insurance have it taken out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am not really sure if you can find the health clinic online. You can contact your local assistance office (Medicaid office) and they should have the number for the local health clinic. Thankfully I have never had to use their services but I do know that most communities have one. Ours also give children their vaccines. I live in a small community and the doctors here no longer give vaccines the health clinic does this for around $10.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You might qualify for family planning medicaid which only pays for birth control.
    Anonymous

• Our doctor told us to use condoms plus contraceptive foam.
    Anonymous

• There is normally health clinics that offer support in this type of situation. My community has one that helps with birth controll and condoms. You might check this out.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If you want hormones you could get the IUD, it works well for many ladies.

Personally, we did well with the pull and pray method but thats not good for most.

Right now my tubes are tied so thats how we prevent it LOL. If I were not tho Id either do pull and pray or Id use the foam stuff....no hormonal things for me as I react to them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I did the shot and the only thing that I didnt like about that was nmy boobs swoll to a D from a C and II had mild pregnancy symptoms, all normal....but I also lost my period, which is normal and I liked that, and there is question about how long it takes someone to conceive after the shot because of its nature and it took me 2 months.

I also did Levora and number of other pills and they all would give me headaches and I didnt like them.

So an IUD might be the less noticable, shot was good for me but many others complain, and I hated the pill and often forgot to take it but others love it.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• He won't use condoms. Currently, my light weight has made me loose all chances of having another one and that is why it took us a year to create our little one! But that isn't something to rely on...

Thanks Ron! I've never been to one and always had insurance! How do you get into one of these? can you research their methods online? What if I get an IUD and decide to take it out and start trying, will they do that do you know????
    Anonymous

• I did go online and found ours. Type in Health Department and your county in the search box and you should be able to pull it up.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• our most effective method was condoms. but then I got my tubes tied after #3.

good luck and welcome home to him!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009