Do you work with back-stabbers?

I work with a group of people that drive me insane some days. They are your best friends to your face and talk about others to you then turn around and do the same to you when they are with the others. I am someone that if I don't care much for you, I simply don't pretend to be your buddy. How do you handle these types of people?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 5:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not that talk shit behind my back but I work with people who act like your best friend until someone they like better is around, then it's like the barely know you. I've gotten used to it though so it doesn't bother me I just play along Don't really want "friends" like that anyway.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes, by someone I thought was a friend.

Answer by Bmat at 6:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I try and stay away from them at all costs! If I have to work in the same office as them, I'll talk to them about business issues only, no personal talk. I am the same as you. There is one girl in the office I can't stand and I'm not going to pretend to be her friend so we stay away from each other. As for them gossiping about you, sometimes there is not much you can do but not give them any ammunition to use against youm which takes me back to the part about only talking to them about work related stuff.
    Anonymous