update on my sons "thrush"..grr!

fri nite we took him to ER bc he was screamin bloody murder all day, was there from 11pm-5am, him scream most of it, dr looked at him for like 15mins and was so sure it was thrush, gave us a prescription n sent us on our way. Well here it is tuesday, hes still been screaming randomly & not eatn or sleepn much so we called his Dr n they said bring him n. [btw hes 10weeks] dr looked n his mouth and was like O No! Thats not thrush, he showed me the back of my sons throat, he has 2really big ulcer like blisters! He said they were like fever blisters, only in the throat!! How n the world could that Dr miss that?! My poor baby has been suffering this whole time & we've been thinking it was one thing when it was much worse! He said it should go away on its own 5-7days, its been 3now so im praying he will b back 2normal soon! This is horrible & i feel so helpless!! Pray for him plz!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And this was at a children's hopsital ER? I'd be filing a complaint!
    Anonymous

• no it was just at a regular hospital ER, but dang when you have a infant screaming bloody murder for hours & NOONE checked on us at all! We saw in a closet size room for about 4hours with him screaming n not one person checked on us
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Can you use oragel at that age, that might help with the pain
    My4boys3469

Answer by My4boys3469 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009