Non-Christians...did your Christian family and friends think you were just going through a "phase" when you stopped being a Christian?

My mom is convinced that I'm just "pretending" to be what I am and that I'll "wise up" eventually.

Note: This is for NON-CHRISTIANS, ladies. Thank you.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• :( i kinda feel left out :(
    lol im just kidding :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Nope, they asked what made me decide what I did, I explained,and that was that. I have a pretty awesome family!!!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes. Even 10 years later, they still seem to think it's a "phase".
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i grew up in a non christan home so no they didnt think it was a phase they think its the right way. lucky me religon was never push upon me.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My mom just didn't talk about it. My dad agreed with how I felt but told me not to tell my grandparents about it. It was like it was swept under the rug.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• my family was cool about all my religious decisions. They accepted me when I became Pagan, and later when I became what I am today. Whenever someone get's their panties in a bunch about it (which doesn't happen in my family, but sometimes with family friends).. I tell them, life is a phase.. and unless we open our minds up to learning about everything, we are only seeing part of this phase.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My Mother understands and so does most of my family as time has gone on. I am in the same boat as Holi though, I was asked for my grandmothers sake to not say anything to her.
    She swears she knows the signs of Wicca, yet always says, what a pretty star I wear around my neck.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Mine pretended to not hear me. If you told them I did not believe in god they would acted shocked and hurt that you would sy such things about me. Even though I have told them multiple times.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I consider myself a "Christian Witch" so I'm not sure where I fall... Christian or non-Christian. But my parents didn't really say much of anything when I told them. Maybe that's because I still believe in some form of Christianity, or maybe it's because my parents have their own issues with religion. I don't see either of them saying anything about it even if they do think it's a phase I should be growing out of. I'm not really vocal about what I am anyway. I have more of an "it is what it is" attitude and my parents follow suit.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My mother-in-law is like that. She thinks I'm lost, but really, I have found myself- it's she who is lost.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2009