We are looking to buy a big screen flat panel tv. We have 2 very active little boys. Should we go LCD or Plasma? What's going to hold up the best?

Just want to know which will take more abuse.

newbiestepmama

Asked by newbiestepmama at 6:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Entertainment

• We hung our plasma on the wall
    Anonymous

• depends.. do you play alot of video games? any one? if so no to the plasma cause it over heats the screen easier and can cause damage if not then either lcd or plasma.. plasma has a little better picture quality
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 6:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• We have an LCD and it is hung on the wall so I would definitely suggest that, especially if you are worried about the kids messing it up. And as far as LCD vs Plasma, I would go with LCD. My hubby is a real geek when it comes to this stuff and he says they're way better. I have also heard that plasma tvs can overheat and cause your electricity to go up and can cause fires.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• We have a Vizio plasma. We've had it for 3 almost 4 years and it' held up well to our clumsy 7 year old and very active 4 year old and 3 kittens who like to sit on it. We got the plasma because at the time it was cheaper. The guy recommended the plasma over the lcd because of where we were putting it. He said if your going to be sitting right in front of it LCD was fine but if anyone is going to be viewing it from the side plasma was the way to go. Most likely though when we upgrade we will be switching to a LCD. I hate having to worry about burn in. Our TV is on all the time. So I guess my vote would be LCD. I'm not sure if that's any help, lol.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Thank you everyone for your advice. this is all very helpful.
    newbiestepmama

Answer by newbiestepmama at 12:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009