where is it?

i have pcos and have been taking metformin which was getting my periods more regular. but i am on cd47 and still havent started my period now. i was feeling really irritable and crampy. i took a hpt yesterday and it was negative. i dont think i even ovulated this month, but maybe.
why isnt my period here yet, or could a pregnancy test just be showing neg for some reason. i know you arent a dr but any advice or thoughts, besides go to a dr. i see him on the 28th. has anyone taken a lot of tests, been all negative and really late.. only to find out they really were pregnant all along?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• a friend of the families daughter just had a 7lb, baby boy and didnt know she was pregnant. She went to the Er and they sent her home saying that she was passing a kidney stone, and she gave birth that very night, at her house...with only her brother and father...could you imagine. I guess that kidney stone was big enough to name...how quacky is a hospital to not know that you are in labor???that is crazy!
    Anonymous

• Anything is possible. There's actually a show on Discovery Health called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant." I didn't know that really happened, but since it came out, I've personally heard stories of 2 women who didn't know until the last trimester--one was in her last month!--because it just didn't show up on urine tests.

That all said, it's still a fairly rare occurrence, so I wouldn't hedge my bets on it, but it is possible.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 8:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I knew a girl that didnt find out she pregnant till she was 6 months, because it showed up negative on tests, her whole pregnancy, she had a healthy baby boy, it is very very rare, but happens.
    Anonymous