is a lot of cramping normal in early pregnancy?

audri216

Asked by audri216 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not usually. But every woman is different.
    Anonymous

• I had some but they told me I prob wasn't drinking enough water
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes because your uterus is expanding as the baby grows. I cramped in my 3rd month, 5th month 7th month and I'm now 38 weeks and these contractions feel like horrible menstrual cramps. Today I was cramping for 3-hrs straight! I took a 2-hr lunch because the pain made me wanna throw up but they eventually went away. I'm glad to be home, in my bed, on my phone waiting to fall asleep. :)
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 6:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I might wanna add that when I was cramping, it was all month long, it was only like 1 or 2 days and then it goes away but that's a sign that your uterus is getting bigger as the baby grows with it. I drink atleast 2 liters of water a day. Dehydration can cause cramping as well.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 6:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• It depends how early; sometimes it might be round ligament pain.
    Raphaeline

Answer by Raphaeline at 7:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I had a lot of menstrual like cramping my first trimester. I thought that I was getting my period before I found out I was pregant, but the cramping continued throughout my entire first trimester. It made me very nervous, but it turned out to be fine. My son is almost 2 now.
    Anonymous