im not sure how far alog i am yet but im thinking 2 months maybe and i get cramping almost everyday and i get sharp pains in my back along with them is that normal?

audri216

Asked by audri216 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had cramps in the beginning for 1 or 2 days but its cause your uterus is growing and your ligaments are stretching, expect to get cramps every other time and horrible ones in your 9th month. Today I was cramping really bad for 3-hrs straight and then it stopped. I wanted to throw up. Oh and I'm 38 wks preg. It will only get worse for me until I have my baby.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 6:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Oh and I don't know about the sharp pains on your back. I've never experienced those. Maybe you have a urinary tract infection or a kidney infection? You should tell your doctor about that. I get pains on my lower back but its contractions that are dilating my cervix.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 6:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Well, I don't know about back pain but the cramping could be round ligament pain. I would drink more water, possibly drink cranberry juice for the back pain. The only thing I can come up with about the back pain is that you are dehydrated and your kidneys are working too hard.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 7:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You should be ok as long as you have no bleeding, craming is normal.
    Anonymous

• I had a lot of cramping and back pains in the beginning with this one. WIth my first I didn't have any. WIth my second I did but then I lost it. You shouldn't worry about that though unless there is bleeding. After losing the second I was super freaked when I started cramping with this one. But my doc told me it is ok unless there is bleeding. If its too bad you can ask your doctor for somethign to help with the pain and discomfort. :)
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2009