How can I get her to sleep?

We are having a hard time getting my little one to sleep she is four years old, and has ADHD. At this moment she wont go to sleep cuz she thinking that I am going to leave and never come back we went though this when she was two, and she out grew it. But it is back and worst than ever she cries and yells and I am scared that she is going to hurt herself. Please some one out there help me.

angeltanny

Asked by angeltanny at 6:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does she take any ADHD meds that might be keeping her up as well?
    Have you looked into Melatonin for her? You might want to start her out on the 1mg of it about 30 minutes before her bedtime and see if that will help her fall asleep. If you buy it in a pill, put it in a spoonful of applesauce and have her swallow it. I think you can get it a GNC in a chewable form as well. It comes in 1mg, 3mg, and 5mg that I know of. But for her age I would think 1mg would be plenty for her.
    I would definitely speak to her Ped about this as well.
    Good luck!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2009