Agnostics, Athiests, and religions of no God or questionable higher power...

Have you ever asked for understanding from a God/ess with conviction?

Do you believe that the reason so many turn to a higher power, is because they limit who they ask for understanding from? Basically asking for an answer with such conviction that their minds may be making them see what they want to believe?

(note: I'm not trying to be rude, I just want a better understanding of this from a personal view point. If you find this offensive, I'm sorry. You can pm me about it, but please keep it out of this post, I want to keep this civilized. Thank you.)

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 6:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Was I drinking when I wrote that? It should read
    I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but check my Journal "WHO is God" and see if that answers it.I think it will.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• note:

I will check your answers tomorrow.. feel free to pm me with any questions or concerns.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Honestly I did try a few diffrent paths after I left christinity, and none of them worked for me. I am happy for those that it does work for, but I am just not a religiously minded person.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• When I decided to become Pagan, what I asked was, "Is anyone out there listening?"

I didn't ask for a specific deity, or even a specific religious concept of deity.

It was the answer I received and the WAY I received it that gave me my convictions. It's the fact that my beliefs have led me to being a better person in my own life, that makes me feel I'm on the right path *for me*.

Not everyone has to agree, not everyone has to go my same route, not everyone has to belief what I believe.

But the fact that it works for me to improve my life is sufficient for me.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm Agnostic right now. I dont necessarily believe in God, but I believe in some sort of higher power. I think I am questioning a lot because my husband believes pretty much everything in the Bible, and I see things from a scholarly standpoint, being that, early literature was written about the same time as the Old Testament, and there are so many similarites. I think that its extremely strange that every single religion has a Savior that is comparable to Jesus, and I also feel that there is so much SCIENCE in the world. Proof of why things happen how they do, and I believe in Evolution. I also am a huge supporter of the Gay and Lesbian community and dont understand a religion that would not include them. Religion seems to be a downfall in the world to me, as it causes greed, and wars and such. Its a source of corruption.

Anonymous

• I'm nI think it will. ot sure exactly what you're asking but check my Journal "WHO is God" and see if that answers it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm not sure I'm understanding your question correctly, it's been a long day and I'm tired, so I hope my answer makes sense.

My spiritual path is difficult to define and is one that is always evolving, which is great with me. I feel that spiritual growth and learning is an on-going process and, for me, adds to the joys of life. Personally, I feel that the times when people turn to a higher power for answers, they are actually turning toward their own wisdom, their soul wisdom, or the higher power that is within them. Again, I hope that makes sense.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have asked for "proof' from my God and Goddess and have recieved it every time. maybe not things that most other people would see as "signs from above" but for me, they were. That is part of why I were my Angel penny. It's just a peeny with an angel cut out of it, but I got it on a day when I was having trouble with faith. I had just asked for my angel to show me he was near and i got the penny about two minutes later. So, now I wear it as a personal reminder that my angel, guide, and Mother and Father God are only a thought away.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• your question confused me lol
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• To be honest, when I ask the Goddess for anything it's simply for guidance to an answer, a direction to where I may find that answer, such as in my cards, in my dreams, my meditations and without fail it comes to me. I don't need them (Goddess-Gods) to prove themselves to me, bc I know that they are there when I need an ear, or need to vent or for their guidance. 

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2009