I don't even know what to think about this one...

My son and me go out in the evening and I stroll him in his stroller and then we stop to blow bubbles. We see the neighbor out there sometimes. She usually comes and asks random questions and then disappears. Well tonight she asked me if he is always in his stroller, even when he is inside. HuH? Why the heck would he be in his stroller inside the house? Then she asked me if he owned a pair of shoes. He is 14 months, doesn't walk and can get shoes off in a couple seconds so I don't normally put them on him when we are just going strolling. Are these normal neighbor questions cause they mostly baffle me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lol, that is so weird. Those aren't normal "neighborly" questions, and it sounds like maybe she is fishing for something that you're doing wrong to call CPS on you.
    Anonymous

• It sounds more like she was being judgmental, like you ALWAYS keep him in a stroller and he SHOULD own a pair of shoes, type of thing. KWIM?
    Anonymous

• maybe she honest thinks you dont take care of your child. About the shoes i am from louisiana and i grew up in the middle of nowhere my graduating class was 19 people the school was prk -12. and i never where shoes unless i gotta get down somewhere. Country.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• OP here. I thought it sounded like fishing questions but I don't do anything wrong, so I don't know why she would be doing that. My son has three therapist, a GI and a normal ped. doctor. Between all of them, I am sure if I was doing something wrong, they would see it.
    Anonymous

• lol....those would seem a bit odd to me too....maybe next time you're out ask why the odd questions??.....lol (btw.....does she happen to be an older woman??....lol...they sometimes have odd ideas on how to raise a child....lol)
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 7:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• OP Here. Yes, she is older. His therapist was over and was working with baby outside since it was nice out and she was trying to tell the therapist how to do her job. The therapist did not look to pleased.
    Anonymous

• I think she is just a nosey neighbor, and she shouldn't ask questions like that cuz really it's just none of her business

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i think the questions seem wierd
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 7:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Maybe she just wants to feel wanted and helpful. Why do people always jump to the conclusion that someone is asking questions because they are going to call CPS on a parent? To me the person with that idea is the one that has issues, is way too paranoid. If you have done nothing wrong and CPS is called, then all will be fine and case will be closed (NOT saying you are doing anything wrong). I really don't think she is doing anything, she is just nosey. My kid never had shoes on when he was little and at 13 he still plays outside without shoes, unless he is riding his bike, scooter or playing sports.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Those seem like fishing questions to me too. I'd say stay away from her. I don't put shoes on DD most of the time(I have plenty of people comment on that too and its over 100 degrees every day here), shoes aren't exactly good for their feet that young anyway. It's not even a logical question if he is in the stroller all the time anyway...
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009