Anyone had a bone scan?

The doctors office just called me and told me I have a stress micro fracture in my foot and that they want me to go in for a bone scan (where they inject me with a radioactive dye). Why would they do one if they already know it's fractured?! Any ideas?

DaffysDoll

Asked by DaffysDoll at 7:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• I had a whole body scan. Had the injection. Just in case they forget to tell you.....for 48 hours after, you can not hold a baby or puppy (I work with dogs, that's why they said puppy).
    I went in for bone issues, but my doctor also mentioned it's a good way to look for tumors and things.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Please, A Stress MICRO fracture? Can you walk? Micro means so small you can hardly see it. What a waste of money. This is why our healthcare system is in the toilet.
    You should find out exactly why they want the PET scan done. It is usually done in cancer patients to see if the cancer has spread to the bones although as the above poster said it is used sometimes in bone issues.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I hd a triple phase bone scan 3 moths ago. It was long and that dye or whatever made me sick
    cnc4infinity

Answer by cnc4infinity at 7:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009