IUD question!

Ok girls, I have an IUD and I have had it for about a year and a half now, and I am still having issues with it. Menstrual cramps are horrible, heavier flow, cramps after orgasm and after I'm turned on.. also after really good sex, I spot like bad for a day.. I did my research on the Paraguard IUD before I got it but still... Does anyone else have these kind of issues?

danichaos

Asked by danichaos at 7:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• i had the same issue i had mine for 2 years after i had my daughter. i had it removed because i was having some of the same problems that you have.
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I am scheduled to get one soon but I am pretty sure a year adn half is more than giving it a good try move on to something that doesnt make you miserable ;)
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have the mirena IUC and I have similar issues. My periods are lighter, but I cramp for a week before my period. I also cramp after an orgasm as well as spot. Its the most effective BC and the best one for me since I am horrible with remembering pills and shots so I pretty much just have to deal with it.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 8:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009