• In the Spotlight:

fia cash assistance

ok so im 16 an i recently quite my job bc i had to go back to school an im 30 ws prego yea i knw young but save the lectures plzzz but anyhoo i live in michigan an was wondering how to go about getting cash assistance to help with bills

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• it doesn't work that way. You don't get cash assistance until after the baby is born and you tell them who the father is so they can get child support out of him. Once he starts paying then assistance stops so basically it's just a loan until they can get the money flow started for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You have to call the assistance office and ask. It may be different in your state. This is how it works here. You have to be do 20 hrs. of work or school in order to qualify, ans they send you monthly slips to have your employer or teacher fill out. So just make an appoinment and ask about it.
    Anonymous

• I don't know why that is anon...hmmm??? anyways ^^^^^ thats me...lol
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Goverment Grants! Duh!
    greenwitch101

Answer by greenwitch101 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2009