For up tight parents of boys.

Why is it seen as so horrible for a young boy to nip off into the woods for a wee? Both of my sons have done so even in public and no one blinks an eye. In fact my daughters have on occasion to though not as much as the boys. It's a fact of life. People Wee and it's not always that easy to find an open or public loo.

fourisplenty

Asked by fourisplenty at 7:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have 5 boys and when they have to go they have to go there is no stopping to find a bathroom sometimes. So ya my boys have been known to wee in the bushes on the side of the road. I'm not an up tight mom, but I do believe you shouldn't just let them whip it out just any where or in front of strangers. But that is just me!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 7:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Ha, we're potty training my 3 year old right now and we were camping this weekend, he peed all over our campsite. "I pee in the grass, ok?" I know my older boys were not running to the bathroom at night (neither was my hubby). As long as they are discreet about it and not whipping it out in front of everyone I have no problem with it. Heck, I've squatted in the woods for a pee on occasion (including this weekend, lol). My one son peed out the side of the van when we'd stopped on the side of the road. When you've gotta go, you've gotta go, and you make do when you have to.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yea ^^ i agree with her, i am by no means up tight in any way. But i have two little girls( i don't want them to see that), theres nothing wrong with if if you truely can't find a bathroom. But i hope you a least teach them its not right to let others see you do it, its actually rude. Going in the woods is fine.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• my ds is only 3 and only pees sitting down but my fiance pees anywhere and every where (including the side of the house if he's too lazy to come in or if I'm on the toilet) I'm sure ds will once he learns to pee standing up.
    Anonymous

• If we are out someplace and have no access then of course I'll let them pee in a private area. But I'm not going to allow them to pee on the tree in the backyard because they're too lazy to come inside.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• my son usually waits till last minute to let me know he has to pee, there has been a couple times he couldn't hold it so he end up peeing at wal-mart parking lot, I made sure you couldn't see him but if anyone has a problem with it they can kiss my ass I'm done worrying what other people think you can't satisfy everyone ya know

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• (((((((((((((((((looovemybabies))))))))))))))))))

You rock!!!
    Anonymous

• I havent had this problem yet because my son isnt potty trained but hopefully will be soon. I dont have a problem with going out in the woods if there is nowhere else to go and its urgent. But I do think you need to stress when is and is not appropriate. I teach 3 and 4 year olds and we had one boy whip it out in the middle of the playground and pee on the slide. That is not ok!
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Cass, come on now...everyone knows that peeing on the playground slide is not appropriate. But if you're near an alley or something, and there are no public restrooms, you have to do what you have to do. Why is it ok for dogs to pee in public, but not ok for humans?? Don't dogs have "private parts" too? How many times have your children rolled in the grass, unaware that Rover just peed in the exact same spot where your kids are??
    Anonymous

• lol i remember one time we were at the park and i was helping my younger son on the slide and turned around just intime to see my son finishing up peein in the corner lol- it was hilarious- i am not gonna force my kids to hold it nd risk a bladder infection just because there is no potty around
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2009