Girls birthday party...

My little girl wants to have a birthday party this year. She will be 8. I suggested that we have few girls over for tea and cakes. She is having no part of it she wants to have a party in my mum's back Garden and have this Animal guy that has snakes come and invite 3 boys from her summer camp (she does have a few girl friends as well but not many). I know that she is a tom boy most of the time but is it okay to allow her to roll in the dirt with boys all the time? Should I insist that for one day she be a lady?

fourisplenty

Asked by fourisplenty at 7:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You should allow her to be the kind of person that she is. My grandmother insisted that I needed dresses while I was growing up and wanted me to act like a lady. That is not who I am. I think that if she wants a party that includes boys and reptiles then go for it. If you insist that she has a specific type of party she won't have a good time and that it what it is about. I wish you luck
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If you're going to make her act like lady for one day dont make it be on her bday! She wont have any fun :(

but I wouldnt worry about her being a tom boy I always have been.. LOL but since ive been pregnant ive actually started being girlie a little
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I don't think it's ok to insist she be a lady. She'll have all the time in the world for that. Let it be her birthday, not yours.

Celebrate that she's having fun with boys and not catting around malicously with girls.
    Anonymous