is 5 hour energy bad for you?

I have postpardum depression and and IBS between the meds and the illnesses I am always feeling tired and sluggish. I tried 5 hour energy yesterday (the energy shots full of amino acids and b vitamins) and I felt incredible! Does anyone know if it is safe to use like everyday over a long period of time?

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 7:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hour_Energy

I see it supposedly has the caffeine of a cup of coffee plus other stuff.

Answer by Bmat at 7:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• This is a comment by a medical tech student:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080407155142AAq2AB2
    "Ok heres the thing with this drink. Ive been reading all these claims that it works great and energy last forever. ... This is NOT something that should be taken more than once a week. With the extremely high amounts of vitamins in this supplement there could be a lot of damage done to the kidneys. All the vitamins in this supplement are water soluble which means those that are not absorbed are filtered through the kidneys and urinated out. After prolonged periods of use your kidneys could slowly work their way to damage or even renal failure. I read some reviews of people using this stuff 5 days a week, ask them how their blood pressure and kidney function is doing in 2 months. ...nutrition minor, medical technology student"

Answer by Bmat at 8:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have tried this stuff twice and so has my daughter. We both found it to have NO AFFECT on us WHATSOEVER and considered it a big rip off!! I already take B- complex, D , C, Calcium and drink a protein shake every day, so maybe that;s why (?).
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 8:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• aprilmorgans do you feel energized with those vitamins and protein shakes? I need something but I want it to be safe
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I can tell you what I have that helps me extremely well. I use a product called Liv sXinney. It is a concentrate you add to your water and sip on it all day long. Let me just tell you what it has done for me. I have tons of energy, sleep so much better at night, I am off of my antidepresant that I was on for my baby blues, lost weight and inches, detoxed my body and shrunk my fat cells! I started taking this product, (which is 100% natural and no stimulants also safe and healthy for pregnant women and nursing moms) simply for the health benefits and I love it so very much and am so passionate about it that I became a distributor for the company. I have personally seen the effects it has had on my, both my parents, cousins and tons of other family and friends. I would love to share more with you, so if you are interested send me a quick not at livsxinney702@hotmail.com and I will send you more info.
    BrittneyO

Answer by BrittneyO at 2:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It works for me not to say it's safe talk to a dr. or do some research online.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Sorry, katiekruschke, it took me so long to answer! All Ican tell you is that I followed my doctors orders, and I am in the best shape of my life, despite being Type 1 diabetic! I am ALWAYS on the go now, can burn the candle at both ends, up the sides and down the middle too! Look at my before and after pics on my page-- the ones of me on my background are from 1997. My avatar pic was snapped about 2-3 weeks ago. MAJOR difference in my appearance and my health!! I must add that I DO follow a very healthy diet ( PM me if you want to know what it is) and I work out every morning too. Hope this helps!!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2009