Anyone else have a doc that just didn't seem interested?

I am 32 weeks along and feeling like crap. Not like I'm sick but like something is wrong. With my first daughter I had pre eclampsia/toxemia and I felt kind of like I do now. I was trying to explain that to my doctor and she just didn't seem to give a damn about what I was saying! WTF? I only saw this dr 3 times while staying with family because my husband is deployed. I go back to my regular doctor soon but I am just amazed at how this one didn't seem to care one bit. Am I the only one that has had a doctor just not give a damn or what?

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 8:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor has told me that its perfectly fine to take aspirin while pregnant I was like HELL NO, and he is treating me like i am a moron (i have only seen him once) I am going for my 20 week U/S tomorrow and then i can request a new doctor (there is one on the practice i want to try b4 going else where) But i plan on telling my doc what an ass he is and asking why he is trying to make me have problems.
    I am sorry you are having problems too but hopefully you will get to you normal doc soon. I would say if you are feeling weird then maybe call your normal doc and talk to them and see what they say cause they probably know you better than the one you are seeing now. Good luck
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I did but I switched. My old OB was like talking to a robot, she didn't answer my questions, she couldn't seem to explain anything I was feeling, she didn't listen to me AT ALL, she knew I was anemic this whole pregnancy so far and NEVER told me and prescribed me IBUPROFEN knowing pregnant women CAN'T TAKE IT!
    I adore my new doctor. Within my first visit she told me I was anemic and explained EVERYTHING I needed to know the whole 29 weeks I've been pregnant. I'm normally never comfortable with doctors but I'm totally comfortable with this doctor.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i told my doctor off yesterday because at first they were really caring and understanding and took time to explain and now they just spurt numbers at me and leave. i can't stand it. apparently my mom had the same problem when she was pregnant with my sister. i really wish i did what my sister did and up and switched but my due date is in two weeks so why bother?

but apparently it is very common. i would like to say, i want to become an obgyn just to give women someone nice to go to...but i seriously don't want to be an obgyn.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 12:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2009