thinking about getting tubes tide anyone who has had it done...

we got what we wanted when we had our daughter and are sooo happy with her. but we had already disscussed not having more than one. my question is, will doctors "allow" this procedure when you've only had 1 child? is there an age limit to when you can? i know that this may sounds stupid but i really need help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Depends on your age. Most docs won't until you're more towards thirty. You may think you are sure, but docs won't agree until you're older. However your SO/DH can get a vasectomy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• my aunt and i also wanted this done. we live in NJ and the age limit is 30 and you have to be married.
    Anonymous

• i am 27 and married
    Anonymous

• i'm also in alabama
    Anonymous

• Personally, I would make your DH get a vasectomy!!! I did a TON of research on tubals, and I was like NO THANK YOU!!! There is a syndrome known as post tubal ligation syndrome!! Drs. WILL tell you it does NOT EXIST, but I have a friend who knows of ATLEAST 7 other women who say it DOES EXIST!!! Monthly bleeding that lasts the WHOLE MONTH, HORRID CRAMPS that are WORSE than labor pains, HORRID mood swings that are NOT PMS!!! Migraines that last for SEVERAL DAYS!! It is AWFUL!! NONE of these women had ANY of these symptoms until AFTER their tubals!! They have ALL been to several Drs. and NONE of the Drs. found ANY reason for them to be suffering from these symptoms!! After our FIFTH AND FINAL baby, I told my DH he was getting a vasectomy!! The BEST decision EVER! He even says his orgasms are STRONGER than before!! GOOD LUCK TO YA!!
    Anonymous