need to vent does anyone else feel this way?

both my husband and i work 40 plus hours a week and we have a 2 year old to look after as well. we both make a decent wage per hour but it never seems to be enough. we still struggle to pay everything that needs to be paid, never have much money left once everything gets paid. it's just so depressing, i also have a college degree and tons of school loans to pay back thats eats alot of our money up. whats even more depressing is that my husband didn't even go to college and he makes mor than me. i just so badly want to be a stay at home mom, cause working full time and taking care of my daughter is so exhausting but i know we could never just live on his income. i just hate this im, so depressed, i wish money grew on trees. sorry just needed to vent

mom24147

Asked by mom24147 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's okay, everyone needs to vent!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I understand hun, a lot of us feel that way. Most people live paycheck to paycheck. I love the Transform Debt Into Wealth program. It is similiar to the books by David Bach (such as Smart Couples Finish Rich)! They both talk about how you can use the income you currently earn to eliminate debts faster (usualy within2- 5 years, mortgage included). My husband and I got rid of all credit card debt and are working on paying off our 30 year mortgage in just 3 years.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I understand. And I'm sorry you have to go through this. Maybe try to get grants to pay your student loans back?
    Anonymous

• my son dropped out of high school stating he could make more money than me with my college degrees. He was right. I did get him to get his GED and go to at least one semester of college but even with that and 15 yrs later he still makes WAY more than I do. Crazy huh?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• When you subtract what you pay for childcare, work clothes and (maybe) a second car, you might be breaking even with two jobs. there are lots of ways to cut money from your budget (send me a message if you would like some suggestions

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I recommend that you and your husband read the book The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. It will help you out in your situation! Get it at the library, it's a quick read and even humourous in spots. He also has a website www.daveramsey.com and there is a great group on here called Dave Ramsey Fans. You can ask questions there and get some really good suggestions.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009