Strange question but how can i tell if i have a hemmoroid or if i just experienced the "bloody show?"

I am 38 weeks preg. and I just had an odd bathroom experience: I urinated and had a b.m. and the tissue was all bloody when I cleaned myself off. The b.m. was not uncomfortable or painful which is the only reason I doubted that it may be a hemmoroid, although I've never had one before so I don't know what to expect/look for.
Also, there were thin stringy looking blood clots in the toilet. Can anyone tell me what the bloody show is actually like? And if this was in fact the bloody show, what should expect to happen next, or should I just call my doc?

ChrissMiss321

Asked by ChrissMiss321 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's kinda brownish redish messy goo
    a hemroid you would feel kinda like a bubble deal on your butt whole and it hurts
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• if you dotn have any contractions you can wait a while yet. It probably was show but that can happen like a week or so before you actually have the baby it can be quite frustrating ;) watch your belly for contractions but believe me you will KNOW when they are happening. When they are between 5 and 10 min apart call the doc unless your water breaks and then you need to go to the hospital rigth away
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• hole
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If you ever see that and don't know where it's coming from your safest bet is when completely clean to put the tissue over the butt area and just blot, if there is blood it can be from the BM or a hemmoroid. The bloody show or a mucus plug just looks like a thick ball of goo, sometimes with a little bit of blood, sometimes not. Mine didn't have any blood. just looked like a ball of snot....or if you ever played with slime as a kid, picture that in an opaque whitish color.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Hemorrhoids hurt,,Your but hole hurt..You sure the blood did not come from your vagina

Answer by louise2 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Mine was a string like blood-and mucus looking thing too, sounds like the bloody show too me. Like they all say^^^ i think the hemoriod would hurt.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Trust me, just like contractions you will KNOW if you have hemorrhoids. They hurt like hell and it hurts to go to the bathroom. It hurts to sit. I have never heard of a hemorrhoid that didn't hurt really bad, so I'd say it was the other. I can't say for sure bc I've not gone into labor yet, but I've had hemorrhoids and I can't imagine that you could have them and not know, or at least have pain. Good luck and I hope everything goes ok!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I would say it was the show.. I know hemmorrhoids are supposed to hurt, but I have one and the only reason I know I have it is cause I was checking stuff out down there and it caught my attention. Tho I haven't had anything like that with it. So best bet is that your plug started to come out.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2009