Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How and where can I get help to get a GRANT to pay for a house for free?

A grant for a car?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • they have grants to pay for your houses in full? for cars, too??

    sign me up, too!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

  • depends on where you live. In our area of FL first time home buyers are given $10,000.00 toward the down payment or you can use the money for repairs if you already have your down payment. Not sure what to tell you about the car. Call your local bank mortgage co. they can tell you about the grant money for houses. That's where I got my info and money to buy my house.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

  • Try Habitat for Humanity for the house.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

  • Check the library to see if they have any of those grant guides. My aunt and uncle got a book that listed tons of grants they applied for.

    Answer by lvpenguino at 12:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work

Next question overall (Religion & Beliefs)
Agree or disagree and WHY?