How long after your mucus plug comes out did you go into labor?

mine came out today, im 34 weeks, and i called labor & delivery at the hospital and they said within the next 2 to 3 weeks for me.

mommysailor

Asked by mommysailor at 8:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I lost mine the same day i had my daughter. It was about 4 hours b4 i delivered her.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Mine came out about 7 hours in to a 10 hour labor, when my water broke - like a champagne cork. I had no discharge, no bloody show, no nothin' until the day I went into labor.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 9:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• There is absolutely no way that your delivery date can be determined based on a phone call! Even with a cervical check there is no way of knowing how long it will be so dont hold your breath! I lost mine at 31 weeks (I was 2 cm dilated at that point) and I was induced 7 1/2 weeks later when I was 5 cm. Based on my dilation, not based on the fact that I lost my plug, they said at 31 weeks that I would not make it to 36 weeks and I did!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 9:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Hello
    I'm glad you lost your mucus plug!! that's great, but for me I lost it about 2 weeks before he actually came! Nicholas was just born 5 days ago, I had a great experience, I hope you do too!! When is your BF coming out to be with you??
    take care
    Jen
    livs_purs

Answer by livs_purs at 1:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2009