Would anyone Christian lady care to give me their take on this bible verse

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

James 1:5-6 NIV

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• see i have God a few times for help. My prayers have been answered and that has brought more faith. I have to admit the answered has given me more faith and I am sure that led to more answered prayers.
    Anonymous

• to me it says that god has all the correct questions and that no one person or thing has the correct answer but him so if you have a question that needs answer then you ask in faith knowing that there is no doubt in god that he can and does answer your prayers but you can't doubt that he will or else you will never get an answer. you must have faith knowing it will be answered and then ask with a sincerely heart.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When we lack the wisdom we are to go to the WISDOM giver {GOD/JESUS}.
    When we do ask we need to believe with what He is telling us WITHOUT DOUBT.
    If we go to God and we ask, we must do what He says.
    Many times we do not like the answer so we say within ourselves that must not have been God telling me that or instructing me that way.
    God is not a God that lies; He is not a God that will ever give us bad decisions or negative choices.

bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• you need to have faith to have your prayers answered
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• allow me to tell you a personal story of our life.
    Our daughter had truly loved this boy like forever. We did not want her to date until she turned 18. However since she graduated at 17, had a full-time job and was to begin college...I went against my husband and allowed her to begin seeing him.
    I felt guilty because I had gone against my husband..her dad.
    As I stood doing dishes one night and thought on the subject I asked God to help me understand how to FIX the problem.
    I heard God tell me to not allow her to see this young man anymore and to make things right with my husband over it. God told me that (K) would hurt my daughter so I needed to intervene aand stop what I allowed to take place.
    I began crying because I had not wanted to undo what was already taking place.
    I chose to tell my husband; and our daughter that the relationship needed to end until she turned 18 and that God had told me she would be hurt. cont.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I told them. She had a fit.
    I really thought that God had meant that {K} would break our daughter's heart.
    I had NO IDEA just how broken that heart would become.
    She chose to disobey even after she could see very clearly that I had had a visit from God. She left the house and 10 minutes later the phone rang and a young man told me that she was not going to be home soon and that there had been a stabbing. That was the last thing I heard when I fell to the floor in shock.
    My husband took the phone and heard the rest of the story. Our daughter's boyfriend had stood in her place and took the knife that the liller had intended for her.
    He made it to the hospital, was still alive, they did what they could; yet while putting him in the medocopter to fly him to a bigger and more qualified hospital this young man passed over.
    To this day and even though our dd is 31 and married with a family; she still suffers heart pain. I chose
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• cont...
    I chose to disobey the instruction of the Lord.
    It could have been her that died with the knife that night. That is who it was intended for.
    However, our daughter died another type of death that night. She changed...we lost her that night. No longer our bright and happy teen-ager. No longer does she trust Jesus because she feels that she no way deserves Heaven after {K} was taken in her place.
    When we ask God for His wisdom; we MUST follow what HE tells us.
    WE all learned the hard way.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• which part don't you understand?
    Anonymous