Leaking water?

This is my second pregnancy, and I have had HEAVY discharge from the very begining. Well today I was feeling it come out so I went to the bathroom and my underwear had water all over and it had a horrible smell, like fish. I am wondering what this could be? Its not like my normal discharge at all, and I am too early for my water to break (16 weeks) any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont know what it could be but I do know that amniotic fluid is odorless so its not that. Maybe its vaginitis (not sure what that is but I know it causes a liquidy discharge that smells) I would call the doc and make an appt just to get it checked out
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 9:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You may have an infection of some sort. I haven't had that problem in my pregnancy and I'm 38wks. Definitely something your doctor can only provide an answer. :/
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 9:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Sounds like bacterial vaginosis. Go see your doctor so that you can be treated. If it goes untreated too long it can cause preterm contractions. Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• its exactly what marix said
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2009