Does anyone else whos pregnant have trouble sleeping?

I get up every 2 hours to pee and just cant seem to get comfortable. My bladder is not so great anyway because I had a kidney operation when I was 5 and have always had to constantly use the bathroom. Any suggestions?

Deanna84

Asked by Deanna84 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well not b/c of having to pee, but just from being uncomfortable try the snoogle. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267435
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes, I am 25 weeks pregnant and am starting to have trouble sleeping! I normally get up at like 4am and cant get back to sleep! Doctor said I could take some OTC.
    Anonymous

• How far along are you? I'm 38w3d and I cannot sleep either. I pee every 2 hours, I'm having these damn cramps that are driving me crazy and at night I get right-side pains which I massage and eventually I fall asleep. Today marked the beginning of my cramps lasting 3-hours but then they went away and came back later but not for too long. So, its normal in the 9th month but I didn't experience this my previous months.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 9:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• yes! im 21wks i have the worst time sleeping. my legs and so twitchy, have to pee ALL THE TIME, my hips hurt, cramping..ALL of these things.. i take tylenol pm its amazing. and allowed.
    KourtneyNicole

Answer by KourtneyNicole at 10:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I didnt know you could take tylenol pm when you were pregnant Im gonna check this out with my doctor..thank you.
    Deanna84

Answer by Deanna84 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• at least you wake up to pee, I wake up 50% needing to pee way bad, but being to tired to get up so I just sleep with that uncomfortable need to pee feeling so I don't get good sleep.

I would say just drink a big glass of water 1 hour before going to bed and then don't drink anymore after that, it should give you a pretty good head start because you'll have an hour to get that water through you.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009