Should I go to the hospital?

on Friday I was 3cm and 80% effaced. All day I have been having contractions but they are not painful just uncomfortable. I feel as though i need to go number 2 really really bad but when I try all there is is pressure. I have had two miscarrages in the past and they were MUCH more painful then this. But i have been told that having a miscarrage is more painful then giving birth so am I ready to push my little one out or should I just hang out and try not to potty! I have not had my bloody show or my water break!

Sbahns

Asked by Sbahns at 9:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call the labor and delivery nurse of your hospital. She will tell you

Answer by admckenzie at 9:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Oh and by the way I am 38 weeks and 1 day!
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 9:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• id call but chances are if you less than 5cm and no water broken they will send you hom,e
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• They will prob send you home. I was in early labor for almost three days before I went in. I had mild cramps for a day or so then they got worse and worse. Finally when they were 6 min apart I had enough. I was exhausted and tired of hurting so they finally kept me! Yours are probably starting off, just give it some time. But call the nurse and talk to her about it.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Everybody experiences labor differently so it's hard to say. Pain level is not always a good indicator. Try timing your contractions anyway and see how far apart they are. If they are regular and getting closer together, I would get my things packed. Pain level is not always a good indicator.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 9:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• OMG, I'm having cramps too and I'm 38w3d but I was 1cm and 50 effaced. So these cramps will get worse. Ugh. I just know that when I cannot make a conversation, I will call and/or head to hospital.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 9:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• you're seriously asking an online community if you should go to the hospital? since when are the cafemoms drs? You know your body. If you want to share excitement, fine, but come on. If you were ready to push...you'd be pushing.
    Anonymous

• Bitchy much, Anon?
    sassygoddess

Answer by sassygoddess at 9:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Bracts hicks(sp) hurts like everything,but, if you have pressure and you feel like pooping, girl get your bag packed and call the DR.,Congrats to you !!! and Congrats to Shamerika too, I wish both of you ladies an easy delivery

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009