What was your wedding song?

So my DF and I wanted to dance to Sail Away by David Gray and his mother called and said she looked at the lyrics and didn't think it was appropriate! Anyway what are your thoughts...and what did you and DH dance to? Or any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not married but I went to a wedding and their first dance was to "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones. Thought that was hilarious and had to post it.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• We didnt dance at our wedding. But if we would have our song would have been A Kiss to Build a Dream on by Louis Armstrong. I think you should dance to whatever you want to. It is YOUR wedding and not hers. That might sound harsh but this is your special day. So do what makes you happy. Congrats to you both!!
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 10:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm everything I am because you loved me by Celine Dion.
    Anonymous

• If i ever got married ( though i won't, because i never want too) it would be " whenever you call" by Mariah Carey & Brian McKnight.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• These are the Days by Van Morrison
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My husband is a die-hard hunter and fisherman. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor, so I had the DJ start playing the fishing song by Brad Paisley, ..."Well, I love her, but I love to fish..." and then the DJ said, "Oops! Wrong one!" and then he played "It's your Love" by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill.

It's your choice, but she may have a point, make sure you do check out the lyrics so you don't find out later that something wasn't inappropriate. But if you like it, then it doesn't matter what she wants.
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 12:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2009