my sons 3 he has a bad habbit of when he throw a tantrum banging his head on things. he three and now my one yr is following him with his habbit but thinks its funny

my one yr old thinks its funny to bang his head on the floor or wall. how do i make it stop?

mamaheidi301

Asked by mamaheidi301 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it were my kid, I'd put him in a room by himself, where he can't see you, and you can't see him. Once he realizes that its not pushing your buttons, he may stop. Once the audience is gone, the behavior may just go with it. Your youngest is still young enough to forget what brother is doing, once he stops doing it. I know it sounds crazy to ignore the behavior, expecially when he might need a pop on the butt....but we had to do this with my daughter...and it took about a week, and she got a clue. It was just no fun to act like that if no one was there to watch. Good luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009