• In the Spotlight:

13 year old having sex.. this is not a joke.

okay my neice was raped by our other sisters husband when she was 11 he is now in jail and stuff well she came over to my house the other day and told me she was having sex and smoking pot. i am 22 so she feels comfortable talking to me, but she is 13 what am i supposed to say or do. Her mom was never in her life and my step mom and dad raised her and when they got devorced my dad moved away then my step mom got hooked on meth and is no where to be found, so my neice mom my sister had to take responsibity of her again. what do i do tell her mom or what the bf she is sleeping with is 15. what if she gets pregnant she isnt on birth control she says she used a condom but i dont know if i believe that. what do i do. i feel i need to do something.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 10:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• this is the damage adults do to children when they involve them in rape and molestation. It makes the kids feel like that's all they are worth to a person. They want male approval and will hear that 'I love you" bs so they equate love and sex. I'm so sorry she was harmed like that. Her self esteem must be low to have so many problems and betrayal and abandonments so young. I'd get her on birth control. I would only tell her mom if the mom would be supportive. Many beat the kids thinking that will stop them. It won't. It will only prove that adults suck and she'll find comfort with the bf again. I would try to get her in counseling if she will go. There has to be some group somewhere that helps kids who have been harmed like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• take her to planned parent hood and get her on bc... can you take her in?
    Anonymous

• Ugh, I remember that feeling. When I was 18 or 19 (I can't remember which) my little brother started telling me about his sex life and the kid was 12 or 13! I went out and got a bunch of pamplets and gave them to him from planned parenthood. When I was that young my friends and I knew about sex...we talked about it and joked about it...but none of us had sex that young! I have no idea what to tell you. If she isn't on birth control then she probably should be. I know I was always finding ways to sneak around with my friends, even if I was grounded or whatever. At thirteen her parents aren't going to be able to be around 24/7 to stop her. And she's just entering that rebellious stage so if her parents react in the wrong way it might make the problem worse. *sheesh* That really sucks!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• 13 is way too young for sex! but it sounds like your past the sex talk point. get her on bc fast & pray she doesnt get an std or aids from not using condoms...she needs therapy
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• the same thing happened to me when i was 11 and i started having sex when i was thirteen (i just felt like it didnt matter anymore) and my dad wasnt around either..i think it has a lot to do with that too, its like feeling accepted quickly by a male...idk how to really explain it, but i would help her get on birth controll and make her feel important and loved and beautiful as much as you can. when a lot of people seem to leave you and you feel like a "burden" it makes a lot of young girls permiscuous.
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2009