average measurement? I need advice please...

I was at the doctor and they measured my belly and I am 45 cm. (I think its cm) But my doctor said it was really big for only 29wks. 45 measured a women carrying twins at 29 weeks. But my doctor hasn't told me that I am having more then one. Should I go and get another u/s from another doctor? B/c I feel like my doctor isn't listening to me. Need some advice please.

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I thought I was having twins with my last pregnancy. I kept that thought in the back of my mind up until her birth, even after all the u/s said there was only one. Well, they were right, but, I had a 10 lb baby so really it was like having 2 little ones in there LOL. Not saying that you might not be carrying twins or that you're gonna have a huge baby, but, sometimes you're uterus measures differently than what week you're in.

For instance, I measured smaller throughout that whole pregnancy even though I knew they weren't going by when I conceived. They were clearly wrong about my measurements even on the u/s because my baby was so big.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Actually it was bigger then a women carrying twins-they measure 41 at 29wks
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• yea i understand what your saying tnm786 but I have also been measuring 4weeks bigger then a normal prenancy since I was like 10wks
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• yeah you should probably ask fro an ultrasound there are medical conditions that can you make you measure larger and can be dangerous if doc wont listen find soemone who will
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I would think you need an ultrasound. At my last appointment I was measuring 34 cm and I was 32 weeks. The midwife said after the next appointment, if she's still measuring big or bigger then they're going to give me an ultrasound. So if you're that much bigger, I would definitely think they should give you one.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2009