I nursed my son for just over a year... When should I expect my period???

It's been over a week now after the last time I nursed. Should I be worried it hasn't come yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, not at all. It takes a while for your hormones to get back to normal. It doesn't usuallly work that you just stop BFing and bam get your period. Don't worry.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I stopped BF at the end of May and have only spotted a little just this week. It takes your body some time to adjust your horomones. Just use your BC as normal, if you dont use any get on some unless you want another baby. I got and IUD and I LOVE IT!!!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Usually, you get it back when your baby is night weaned, sleeping through the night, or drops a significant number of feedings. I got mine back when my nine month old night weaned.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i got mine about 5 weeks after he stopped nursing.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• hey, I got mine while I was nursing, around the time my son turned 7 months, is that normal?
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• There is no rule. I got my period back with my first at 7 months though he nursed for 3yrs, and with my second I got it back at 17mo though she is still nursing at 3years.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It will come about 2 weeks after you ovulate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I got mine back 3 months after my son weaned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2009