I'm so stressed out.

This is more me venting than anything else. I have a 4 mos. old who does not sleep more than 3-4 hrs. at night> I work full-time and am so exhausted. Today at work, I almost collapsed due to being so tired. I don't know how people can do this. Please tell me it gets better! Hubby and I are at each other's throats from being sleep deprived and stressed. HOw does anyone make it? ugh. You ladies have always been a great help to me. I just need some kind words! Needless to say this is my first and I just feel like she's going to be a baby forever!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its hard I know, my 3 month old was waking up once EVERY hour-that went on for 2 months...now its to once every 2 hours...It will of course get easier nothing lasts forever (we always have that) sigh. Try to keep your baby on a routine and try try to be kind to your spouse because he's your partner in all this. GL to you.
    Anonymous

• *hugs*
    It does get better. I swear it!
    My son started sleeping through the night around 6-7 months.
    Usually, I took as much power naps as I could throughout the day, and had an arsenal of energy drinks.
    If you have an hour lunch - spend 15-30 minutes in the car. Even having your eyes closed, HELPS.

When you get home, take turns with nightly duties with baby. One does the majority - while the other can get some early shut eye, or whatever you do to unwind. Vice versa.
    Get a baby sitter, a family friend, or a family member to watch the baby for the entire weekend. If there's a Grandma around, use her! xD
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• And yeah, set a nightly routine.
    Calming bath, and while feeding her - do it with lights off (nightlight on) and curtains closed. Then after wards..or during the last nightly feeding, turn on some soothing music or hum softly and rock her back and forth. Then put her little sleepy butt to bed. :]
    try to keep it around the same time every time - and she'll realize that's bedtime.

Good luck.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• It does get better, I promise! Our kiddo had colic when he was born and I swear he never slept unless he was in the car or the vacuum was on! One night my SO woke me up because I had actually fallen asleep holding DS with the vacuum cleaner on. We slept that way for two hours! Of course as soon as I turned it off he woke up. :( It should pass soon, hang in there!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• out of bedit does get better - hang in there...& remember to ask for help w/ the baby its ok to take a break

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I so feel your pain! My four month old is the same way...it sucks so bad being woken up constantly through the night. I really admire you because you get up and go to work after a sleepless night. We've made it four months, hopefully just a little bit longer and our babies will sleep more at night!!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I understand!!! But really just 2 more months and then you can start What I call Baby Bootcamp, which is CIO combined with the checking in on them every ten minutes. Its rough but just for a little longer!! and pretty much dont talk to your spouse unless its I love you. Thats what me and my hubby had to do was like no talking pretty much which was hard but you just have to support eachother and say I love you but it gets better in the next couple of months!! Take you baby to the sitters and get some sleep. It has to be done some times. GL if you need support Im here!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• hang in there mama. I agree with some of the others. Set a nightly routine and stick by it. My daughter sleeps through the night and is 4 months old. I do hear her on the monitor talking some nights but I never go in to her room unless she cries. I also agree, send her to a sitter, a friend, a grandparent for the weekend and you and hubby get some snuggle time in bed all weekend. Heck order pizza and eat in bed. You guys need your rest and I hope you get it soon.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• you two need to trade. I have four kids and I so understand what you are going through! Either take a nap when you get home from work and then get the baby for the rest of the night or take turns with the baby throughout the night. If it was me I would take turns with the whole night so you can get an entire nights sleep every other day. BUt let me tell you, you might want to invest in some earplugs if baby is used to you. lol Also if you can have your mom or MIL come over and watch the baby while you sleep on your day off, I did this several times with my third child. DOnt worry about the mess of the house or whatever, just go to sleep when the baby does. This being your only child is an advantage to you because then you dont have to stay awake and take care of the siblings. It will get better, it really really will. Hang in there. This is the part that nobody really understands until they have been there!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 10:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• We already have a routine set. She goes down the same time every night but wakes up every 3.5-4 hrs. like clockwork.
    Anonymous