For moms with more boys than girls or only boys (loaded)

If you had all boys and really wanted a girl did you keep trying and how many times? If you didn't get a girl, do you still feel a void because you'll never have a daughter? Do you still wish you could have a girl? Are you still planning on trying again for a girl? Would you consider gender selection? If you wanted a girl but had all boys, how to you replace that "longing" for a daughter?
Any thoughts helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have one girl and 2 boys. My advice is remember all the hormone filled meltdowns you had as a teenager, the feeling of not liking your parents and thinking they were so stupid or uncool. You may get over wanting a girl.

Boys really are easier.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i would just be happy w/ what you got. i have 1 dd, 1 ds, & lost 1 ds.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have 2 sons. I was disappointed for about 30 seconds after Jed was born. *(he's my youngest)*.
    I wanted to have one of each.

My oldest is getting married next year. I will have a daughter in law. Thats close enough for me.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 10:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have three boys and a girl. I did not plan to have a fourth child but it turned out that was our girl. In my third pregnany I was pretty sure I would never have a daughter so I was not surprised to find out he was a boy. I would just think maybe someday I will get a grandaughter or something like that. If God wants it to happen it will.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 10:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have one boy and want another one some day. I honestly NEVER want a girl. My reasons for that are, I hate the color pink, I don't like dresses, I can't do my own hair let alone a little girls, I can't deal with a teenage daughter and her attitude, and growing up my mother always told me she couldn't wait until I had a daughter just like me..
    Anonymous

• I have two boys and I am pregnant with #3, which is a girl. I have always wanted at least one daughter, more for the reason that I think that every dad should have a daddy's girl. My husband and I have always said that we wanted at least five or six kids. Before we got pregnant with our girl I would tell him if we got to five boys we were going to adopt a girl to make #6!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I wanted a girl, but ended up with one boy. Couldn't be happier.

It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2009