How much do you pay your pool guy?

If you have a pool, do you pay someone to maintain it? If so, how much does it cost?

Hubby and I are looking at a house with a pool and are trying to factor in the cost of maintaining it.

Thanks!

Avarah

Asked by Avarah at 10:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have an above ground pool that I care for. I like doing it though. I don't let the kids out in the yard when I am cleaning it....and the process always entails me on a raft with a cocktail at the end!

Call around and check out the BBB. Also ask friends in your area that have pools. I am sure that different markets get different rates. Around here there is a pool at every house and pool services are year round ventures. I am sure in different areas it is seasonal and may call for different rates.
    MrsDavid

Answer by MrsDavid at 11:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I pay $35 a week.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• idk - bump
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Nothing- the poolboy and I have a special "arrangement" if you know what I mean.
    j/k we just have a slip and slide.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My BIL used to clean pools. I think he charged $70 a month.
    Anonymous

• We have a pool but my hubby keeps it up it takes a lot of work but it stays clean
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 10:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• No pool,but, I would love one.
    Anonymous

• LOL! thanks, Ladies!

MrsD - we had a blow-up ring pool a couple of summers ago. DH paid a FORTUNE to have part of the yard levelled for it, then he didn't take care of it. I refuse to accept the answer, "i'll take care of it." from him about anything anymore.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2009