How do I achieve a clear face for sensitve skin?

I have really sensitive skin but since I had my son it has gotten worse. I can't use certain makeups any more even some soaps are irritating to the point I get red blotches! Can someone Help! Any advice would be great! ~Thanks Tracy

TracyPeters

Asked by TracyPeters at 10:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Try using something like Phisoderm. I actually had an acne problem after my son was born. Birth control helped with most of it, but all of the products I tried made it worse until I just got a cleaner with no anti-blemish stuff in it by Olay. The redness and the acne cleared within days.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have sensitive skin too, i use clean & clear sensitive face wash ans the astrigent too ( sensitive also). It works for me. Good luck. :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i started using proactiv, and it works so good, really quickly, it gets rid of pimples and it also evens out your skin tone. it really does work. it is a little expensive. but i have crappy skin and it really helped me
    Nadine254

Answer by Nadine254 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have sensitive/red/dry skin too and use Oil of Olay gentle foaming face wash with aloe, it's 100% fragrance free and 100% dye free. And I only use Clinique make-up and products and the 3-step skin care too with the extra mild face soap, type 1 mild exfoliate and moisturizer. If you go to Clinique they can skin type you based on different questions. I'm a type one for very dry and sensitive skin.

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 10:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Thanks to all of you who have answered! I will take all your responses into consideration. I love Oil of Olay products and will probably try that first. I was also going to look for better make up as well. That may be part of my problem also. Thanks for all the advice! ~Tracy
    TracyPeters

Answer by TracyPeters at 1:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Tracy, check out the Sensitive Soothing Skin care line by Sensaria. From my experience (my cousin with HORRIBLE acne), this has worked better than proactive and in 3 months has cleared up his entire face.

Also, try using mineral makeup...that's supposed to be better for sensitive skin.
    neha525

Answer by neha525 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• you might try www.evansgarden.com, it works for me.
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 1:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009