• In the Spotlight:

help! killer back pain!

I'm 37 weeks 3 days and I went for a fast jog/slow run today (i was chasing my 3 y/o on his bike) well now I'm having killer pains in my lower back. I know its not labor so I'm not going to go rushing off to l&d, I just need advice on ways to make it stop... I'm going to take a shower when ds goes down and I've been sitting for about 1/2 hour or so but everytime I move I just want to cry... (I'm trying to help ds get ready for bed and I cant!!!) I also have a lot of pressure down there after the run... so again I ask what can I do to at least mask the pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• heating pad...
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i pretty much stayed on one the last few weeks... sounds like something might be happening "down there" not saying labor.... maybe baby moving down, some thinning and dilating..... good luck!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• back massage, tylenol, heating pad, get on your hands and knees and push your back up and down. It sounds crazy but it works. Put a pillow between your legs. Idk anything else. good luck
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I sure hope so that's part of the reason I agreed to take him for his bike ride... I want this kid outta me!!!! I want her to be healthy but I can't take being pregnant so I'm trying everything to help this labor along... I hope she's like her big brother... he was 9 days early.
    Anonymous

• crossing fingers!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2009