What should I do??

I recently left my SO because of abuse. I filed a complaint with the police and they said that that was all I could do at that time because it didn't happen right then. The next day I got a TRO, CPS is now investigating him. I just got a call saying I can press charges over the last fight that we had. Should I do it? or would I be better off leaving it be? I am still afraid of him, and constantly think about him and his feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Uh,yes. You went through all that trouble why would you back out now? I've found that cops, lawyers and judges have become very calloused to domestic violence specifically because people will report something and then not file charges,drop them or not testify. If he abused you, you need to continue.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• do it all at one time and get it over with. He's going to be mad anyway whether it's one incident or more.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If you don't file charges and do what you need to do to protect yourself, you run the risk of him coming after you.

Do what you need to do NOW.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2009