How can I keep a baby cool outside in the heat.

We have an outside function this weekend. It's been 100 outside. My LO is 5 months old, how can I keep him cool and comfy. There will be shade for him. What else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I let my son play in the water today. He just walked around with the water hose. He watered my lawn too.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Ok I should have read the 5 month part. Maybe buy a sprinkler and let him play around. There is not much else you can do
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Just keep him in the shade and make sure you keep him hydrated. take along a cooler with cool water and some towels and put them on his head. That is how I use to keep cool when I did track and field
    Anonymous

• use cool water on his pressure points if he seems hot (wrists, neck, forehead, feet)...and keep the hydration coming! Also, rub water on his skin periodically to help cool him - especially if there is a breeze.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Is there ANYWHERE for him to be indoors at all during this function? I wouldn't be comfortable keeping my 5 month old outdoors in 100 degree heat even if he was in the shade.
    Anonymous

• Buy one of those water bottles that has a fan on it. That way you can mist him and give him the breeze. That really helps. I had one of those with my first that I used a LOT during the summer months. They sell them a lot of places... maybe try walmart. In the absence of that, just a spray bottle set to mist would work too. Keeping his hair, face and neck will help big time. (=
    Anonymous

• with my lil one, I keep him in the shade and wipe him down with a damp cloth
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2009