a 3yrs eating habbits

my three yr old hates to eat! i dont get it the doc says its fine cause he wont stare him self but i want him to put some meat on his bones lol my friends one yr old weighs as much as him i dont get it? anyone else have this problem

mamaheidi301

Asked by mamaheidi301 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Currently yes. But the Doc is right kids will not starve themselves. It's really annoying and half the time the food ends up on the floor or in my other child's plate then they refuse to eat too and more food goes on the floor. If he's grazing during the day that could be why he doesn't want to sit and eat meals. After several snack they're just not interested in meal time. Don't worry though slowly they start coming around. My rule is heres your food if you eat it great if you don't this is all youre getting until snack later or next meal time.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 2:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• All toddlers go through phases like this. Just keep offering a variety of healthy foods, or next year you will be posting "help, my child only eats hot dogs and chicken nuggets"; so it is really important to not feed junk to a picky child.
    Kids love to dip: fruits in yogurt, raw veggies in hummus or salad dressing, steamed veggies and whole wheat pasta in marinara or peanut sauce
    Smoothies are great: frozen banana, frozen blueberries, kale (loaded with iron and calcium), a splash of orange juice or a piece of kiwi (vitamin C increases the absorbtion of iron; kiwi has more potassium than banana and more C than oranges) and yogurt

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2009