Why dont I feel like a good mom?

My DD is happy, healthy, loved, on a good schedule, fed at set times daily, always goes to the doctor for her visits but i dont feel like a good mom. She is 13 months old, her mind is going a million miles a minute. I try to sit with her and teach her things but shes too busy, from one thing to the next I cant get her attention. Maybe I am just expecting too much, what can I teach her at this age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• you sound like a very good mommy. just continue to cuddle/love her bunches, and sing with her and let her play, then play with her. sometimes my 3.5 month old (big difference, i know) likes when we take a walk around the yard and I show her flowers and then we start listing allll the kinds of flowers we (i) know of. same with trees, birds, etc.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Just let her be a kid! Play with her with toys that are fun for HER. She's barely over a year...she'll never be this little again...don't force her to grow up too soon! You'll regret it if you do! The schedule is good...kids need structure and they like routines, but let playtime be a free-for-all. If you want her to learn things, try different sensory play toys. Do soft things one day and keep repeating "Soft" while touching her with it on her hand, arm, cheek, toes. The next day do crinkly paper that's rough (but not like sandpaper rough). Do the same thing, but teach "rough". It's appropriate play for her, but she's learning slowly and she'll like feeling new things!!!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• At this age I wouldn't stress over it, they don't have a good attention span and even though she is bouncing from one thing to another she is learning in her own way.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I know how you feel, my DD is 2 and I try to sit her down and teach her how to do things as well but its hard when they are little and they just want to run and play. Definatley agree with the first poster, find things that she loves to do and do them with her. Sit with her and teach her to color and draw. Or take her outside and give her chalk to color with. Just have fun and relax with her.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 3:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• There is no reason to have lessons with a baby. The world is your classroom! It is full of numbers, shapes, colors, sounds, people, etc. go out and see your world!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009