my husband's engaged to another woman....

ok so my husband and i have not lived together since this past christmas because of some anger management issues of his and an affair he had. We are not legally seperated and there is no divorce even filed anywhere. I found out today that he is engaged to the woman he cheated on me with, is this even legal? Obviously they cant get married until him and i get divorced but can he openly propose to some other woman when we are not even legally seperated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• he can but he'll be laughed at!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Why not? Its not in writing, you can make or break an "engagement" at any time without any legal issues
    Anonymous

• Yes he can legally propose to another woman, but how un moral it is... but it gives you leverage when you get a divorce.. I would file for divorce -- there doesnt seem like any hope for your marriage... get out and be happy..
    Anonymous

• Yes he can be engaged. He obviously won't be able to marry her until you guys are divorced but maybe you might want to let her know that you guys aren't even legally seperated because maybe she doesn't know that. What an idiot. Sorry...guys like your husband are so dumb it pisses me off.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I would gather as much evidence in this so u can file uner an adultery clause.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear what you are going through...Do you want to work things out still? I would seek counseling with him if you do. Is your marriage important to you still? See if you can work things out. God really hates divorce. Best wishes!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I could care less if "God" hates divorce but i do agree with the last anon. If it is important to you i feel you should try to work it out.
    If it's not important then (IMHO) you should not have been married in the first place.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2009