So how do catholics deal with children out of wedlock?

If they are against sex before marrage but they dont believe in abortion, doesnt that put the mom in between a rock and a ard place? I know adoption but how does that work? They dont want you to have sex but if you do dont kill the baby just give it away? Im really not trying to bash catholics but I was JW.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• our church doesn't condone sex before marriage but like most other religions they don't codone abortions either. that is the greater sin. i feel set aside religious beliefs for a moment. is it fair to the unborn child to loose it's life when someone who is responsible for them to just go kill them. thats not being responsible that is just avoiding the situation they brought unto themselves. it's is better that they let the child live and either keep the child or adoption. the baby is the most important factor not yourself. everyone has free will but every one also has a choice to make right by their sin through repentence or make the sin bigger by death. now i'm not catholic but in our church you could be excuminated but not always. it's the price you pay for sinning and you gain it back through repentence and forsaking what you have done. i see nothing wrong with the process. it helps us grow and to appreciate the atonement.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• nunthey spank them and tell them to say 10 hail marys

Anonymous

• Same as everyone else.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• They still let me baptize my son in church, it's not the kid's fault and they believe yu should do what's best for the baby. If you can handle it n ur own you should and vice versa
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• They wouldn't tell you to put the baby up for adoption just because you had sex and got pregnant out of wedlock. That would be your sin to deal with, not the baby's.
    Anonymous

• They would love and support the child I think.
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No, they just deal. Although some catholic churches wont baptize a child born out of wedlock. I was born out of wedlock and one church wouldn't baptize me so my mom went to another one. It happens.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• We deal with them with love and compassion. :-) just like all other religions that are against killing babies and would prefer for a man and woman to wait.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 12:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The no sex before marriage and no abortion don't really conflict with other. If you don't have sex before you're married, you won't have to worry about abortion*. If you do have sex and get pregnant, it's THEN that they don't want you to have an abortion**. As far as I'm aware, they're not against you raising your own child simply because you had sex out of wedlock :-)

*speaking of course to the instance presented. I understand that there are instances where married couples consider abortion so on and so forth but I don't feel that is what the OP is referring to here.

**no abortions at ANY time, unless the mother's life is in danger. A life-saving proceedure is then OK to perform even if it causes death to the fetus but the fetus is not to directly be touched as the primary proceedure (I'm not RC but according to Catholics whom I trust, this is the official statement).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My mom was raised catholic. She was 16 when she got pregnant with her first and they kicked her out of the Catholic school.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2009