Why can't some people comprehend

That FREE healthcare is not FREE? Our taxes will skyrocket taking even more money out of a failing economy. Not to mention the country is BROKE with little hope of a recovery for several years.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't understand it either. I think its something in the water. Let me know when I find out why everyone doesn't get it. I'd love to know why they think its going to be free...or why they think its even a good idea for that matter.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• in a whining voice here....But Carpy, people have a right to free healthcare. The rich can pay for it. They just don't want to because they are selfish and don't care about the poor......boo hoo....here comes a sweet puppy....cue in the butterflies.....

The Democrats have a firmly established entitlement society. They will have to literally be cut off before they will learn how to take care of themselves. If social programs disappared people would start figuring things out right away and our country would be better for it.

I know this seems harsh, but it is true. The number of people supporting the programs is shrinking. You can only get so much blood from the body before you have killed the donor.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It's no different than it is now. The working people pay their premiums and the people who don't work get free medical assistance from the government - which is paid by the tax dollars taken from the working people. SO, I think we're getting double dipped paying for health insurance!

It's because it sounds like a good deal...politicians are salesmen. They all want to sell you something and make you think you're getting a great deal. They don't disclose or explain the whole picture.
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 12:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I know I am missing out on a good fight in the other post, but I came to late in the game to get into it! So I will comment here. The goal is to make it affordable, if it costs people a couple of thousand a year in extra taxes, it will still be cheaper than buying it "retail." As far as all the scare tactics, you can't scare me, I have been uninsured since January of this year and guess what, I DON'T have access to healthcare for myself or my children. I currently owe around $1000 for one ER visit (stitches for my 3yo) and a visit to the Dr when I slipped a disk. I could afford only 1 visit to the Dr for myself, so I have been suffering with a bad back with no treatment for months. My job does not provide insurance, I make too much for medical assistance. I would gladly pay higher taxes to have access to health care.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have always had access to healthcare, even when UNINSURED. And I have/do work for doctors who treat PATIENT with NO INSURANCE. Discount pricing.

If they want reform fix what we have, adding more to the mix wont fix the problem
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'd love to know why they think its going to be free...or why they think its even a good idea for that matter.

Don't lie, you have no intention on listening to other people's opinions, because the second that opinion differed from yours, you'd attack them and belittle them. If I'm wrong, and you truly want to sit and listen to the other sides opinion, with your MOUTH SHUT and just LISTEN, message me and I'll tell you why I think its a good idea in private, where carpy or anyone else can't belittle my answer. However, if you don't want to listen, which I suspect is the case, and just want to start drama, this post has already been done and fought tonight and I have no patience to battle it out with you again.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Stacy, we are in a very similar situation and I totally agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't know, Carpy. Even President Obama has said it won't be free. We will still have out-of-pocket expenses such as co-pays and premiums, as well as increased costs in the way of taxes. And Obama's plan to make cuts to Medicare to help pay for this doesn't make sense when we have an aging population. *sigh*

And yet people continue to think somehow it won't cost a thing.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Okay ba13ygrl1987, I'm willing to listen. How will it be free? I've read the legislation, and it doesn't say it will be free. If you can show me how it won't cost me anything, I'm willing to listen.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• oh quit your bitchin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2009