I strongly dislike my fiance's mother. She's one of the nastiest, most ignorant people I've ever met.

It seems as if she thinks the success of our relationship is dependent upon her liking me. He says it isn't but if it were, we wouldn't be together. What the f**k could her problem be with me? Oh, what, the same old jealousy thing because he has another leading lady in his life? Hello, I am the mother of his child and future children. No, she doesn't have the power to make him do ANYTHING, let alone leave me but it is his mother. I mean she has some type of influence on what he thinks...right? Maybe?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• let her be as nasty as she wants. but be nice to her. don't give her the benefit of being right about you. and at the end of the day, you can be guilt free, knowing you're a good person & she really is an ignoramus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Not quite sure what your question is, but welcome to the "my monster in law hates me" club. Probably the biggest club in the world.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• yeah, welcome to club. if you are serious about him, ignore her and stay nice. If something needs to be said, make your hubby say it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Gdiamante, it's not a question. It's a situation l'd like you to comment on. Anon, that thought quickly came to me as I was typing the last of my sentence. Wow. It's like you kinda confirmed the best action. I'd still like to hear more comments though. Thanks.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It's all about ur husband's opinion.. my monster, I mean mother, in law didn't like me at first cuz I already had a kid and she thought I was trying to trap her son, he told her we were in love and there was nothing she could do about it...It's up to him..if he cant think for himself and lets his mother influence him, he's too immature for u anyway
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The thing you have to consider is whether you love your fiance enough to deal with a person you don't like for quite possibly the rest of your life (or at least the rest of hers). I had the same panic-stricken "Oh my god - what am I doing here with this woman who hates me?" type thoughts before my marriage, but in the end it was worth it to be with DH. And its honestly been better since we got married, because he can say that he has a family now and can't be with her as often as he used to be so we really don't have to see her that often. Best of luck, but don't sink to her level of nastiness - trust me, it ain't worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2009